Tuesday, January 18, 2005

On the Rag

Beck's new album leaked. The slavish idiot in my brain says, "I like Beck. But all of his albums are almost immediately disposable, with the exception of Mutations and Sea Change. The rest of his albums feel like retarded monkey jokes within two months." But when was the last time I had any desire to listen to even those two albums?

So why do I care? Because I am empty. Utterly empty. I open my throat in the mirror and spy oceans of dull forever. It's the same thing you see when you look into Beck's overprivileged eyes.

Everyone hates Beck. Hell, I don't think even Wayne Coyne likes Beck.

Anyway, I'd say this album is more Odelay than Sea Change, after one disinterested listen. This might be the dumbest song:

"Guero"

I liked it better when it was called "Loser." I liked "Chain Reaction" better when it was called "Where It's At." I liked "The Golden Age" better when it was called "Five Stop Mother Superior Rain." And I liked "Black Tambourine" better when it was called "Tambourine," and Prince was singing it. And I liked that song more when it was called "10 year-old Dodgy's Testicular Surgery."

The Arcade Fire played a new song on KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic" yesterday. Here that's at:

"Intervention"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home