Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Dodgy Sessions 39 : Everything Is Fine

darwinian law:
that’s a good name for a game.
let’s cut off our thumbs


1. "Story of the Whole Thing" Out Hud
2. "Safe" M83
3. "Gjort Bort Sig" Dungen
4. "Who Could Win a Rabbit" Animal Collective
5. "From the Bench at Belvidere" The Boo Radleys
6. "Square Dance" Eminem
7. "Worlds Apart" ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
8. "Awesome Sound (live)" Ween
9. "The Boxer" The Chemical Brothers featuring Tim Burgess
10. "Be This Way" Ghostface
11. "Potato Salad" The Kleptones
12. "Evergreen" The Fiery Furnaces
13. "Potholderz" MF Doom featuring Count Bass D
14. "Rhagluniaeth Ysgafn" Gruff Rhys
15. "More Like the Moon" Wilco
16. "Happy Endings" Pulp
17. "In Heaven (Lady in the Radiator Song)" Peter Iver

1 .zip file (92MB)

"But from what you just told me, I think you kinda had the wrong idea from the beginning. You know what I mean, Mr. Wind-Up Bird? What you were just talking about... I don't know, it's kind of impossible for anybody to do that stuff, like, 'OK, now I'm gonna make a whole new world' or 'OK, now I'm gonna make a whole new self.' That's what I think. You might think you made a whole new world or self, but your old self is always gonna be there, just below the surface, and if something happens, it'll stick its head out and say 'Hi.' You don't seem to realize that. You were made somewhere else. And even this idea you have of remaking yourself: even that was made somewhere else. Even I know that much, Mr. Wind-Up Bird. You're a grown-up, aren't you? How come you don't get it? That's a big problem if you ask me. And that's what you're being punished for -- by all kinds of things: by the world you tried to get rid of, or by the self you tried to get rid of. Do you see what I'm saying?" -- H. Murakami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home