Friday, December 03, 2004

Not a Machine

Blur - "Don't Be"

For as long as I've lived in my apartment, there's a been a crappy, hole-in-the-wall PC store on the corner. About a year ago, they gutted it out and installed an internet cafe, a shipping center, those espresso bars the kids love so goddamn much, etc. It was orange and neon and sort of beautiful, but then... nothing. It never really opened. Over the course of the last few weeks, they've taken to tearing it apart again, before even a single NYU student could write a shitty laptop poem inside of her.

Or, as Jarvis Cocker once sang, much more eloquently than I can, "You can dye your hair, but it's the one thing you can change. Can't run away from yourself."

It's all true, but I suppose that doesn't mean I can't hold contradictory thoughts in my head.

"Don't Be" is a "Crazy Beat" b-side. I have no idea what it's going on about, but it's jazz violent and jazz sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home