Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Sincerity 2004

I am thankful for the best year of my little life. I am thankful that there is every reason to believe that the next year will be even better.
I am thankful that, with a modicum of effort and dedication, I will probably be a real magazine editor in less than six months.
I am thankful that, after 10 dry months, I am beginning to write creatively again, however small-ly and infrequently.
I am thankful that I am no longer scared of waking up. I am thankful that there are so many words. I am thankful that the shape of my face has changed.
I am thankful for my acoustic guitar, the internet, headphones, the Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Low, Eminem, the Streets, dark theatres, mix CDs, hope, and all that meaningless bullshit we can never take with us.
I am mostly thankful for all my friends and family, for their willingness to suffer me, and for their impeccable taste in Dodgys. Let’s leave everything behind and run away together. I don’t mean to be a dick, officer, I guess I just kind of am sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home