Thursday, September 02, 2004

Free the RNC 1500

Forget anything nice I may have said about the cops. Or at least the people pulling their strings.

UPDATE from Nathan: Does this sound like a reasonable way to handle protestors?
If you were within a city block of the entrance to the NYC Library on Tuesday at about 5:30 pm, you were one of the estimated 1,200 people that ended up in a cage on a pier in Manhattan, waiting 12 hours before being given access to a phone, and more than 24 hours before being charged with anything. In most cases, this has amounted to being detained for 36+ hours (at least 12 hours longer that allowed by law here) and written a fucking ticket.


UPDATE from Dodgy: More from Central Booking.


2 Comments:

Blogger colin carlson said...

Hey, I may have to get on a plane with these people. And I'll get petulant and snippy about anything I want, Henry Earl.

12:20 PM  
Blogger colin carlson said...

I don't what I'm on about anymore. I think it's all become too much at this point and I'm punchy and fatigued. I'm ready for the scorched earth campaign to begin and we can forget everything that ever happened anywhere.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home