Friday, July 23, 2004

ESPN Sucks

It does. It is a bastion for ignorant blowhards. Stuart Scott alone is enough to make anyone sick. Here is half-serious talk of a boycott. You know what I hate most about ESPN? Fucking Mike Greenberg. If you have ESPNEWS, they simulcast his radio show, "Mike & Mike" (the other Mike is "Golic," who's actually pretty good) from about 6 to 10. He is a smug moron with a bad haircut. They were talking about Delgado boycotting "God Bless America," and while they rightfully defended his right to do whatever he wants as a Puerto Rican paying his taxes to the Canadian government (hey! it's america's pasttime!), here what he said (paraphrasing):

I have no problem with protesting. And Delgado has his own private little thing going on. But when people try to draw attention to themselves, then I really wonder what their motivation is.


Do I have to go over the insane logic behind this argument? No, Mike Golic cut him down to size for me. Sure, a celebrity might glom onto a cause to raise their profile. But...

I see the PETA people, with their exhibitions, etc.

I'm by no means a supporter or fan of PETA, but isn't their goal to bring attention to their cause, however they can? Eh, enough.

In short, I want Mike Greenberg's head on a stick. Stat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home