Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I've Passed My Sell-By Date

Reasons why I believe my usefulness may have expired:

1. I spent a better part of the afternoon honestly convinced that I had the goods to topple the evil corporate Ticketmaster. You see, Lollapalooza got cancelled 2 days ago; I purchased 2 tickets for it a few weeks ago. I paid cash at a "Ticketmaster Outlet" (yes, I manage my finances like a drug dealer). I went to said "Ticketmaster Outlet" (actually the NBA Store, one of the most useless places I have ever been; those thowback jerseys only look good on slutty nuns and Your Everyday Average Gay Man ca. 1975) to get my money back today. They said, no, the event "isn't officially cancelled yet." Fine, they need a few days to sort out their shit before handing out my money -- money they've already spent on cattle prods and eight-balls. I can handle that. But, they're also still selling tickets to it online. See, if an event gets cancelled, you do get all your money back -- except for some random Ticketmaster charges. They can have my 10 bucks or whatever, but what about the people buying their tickets today? Anyway, I've calmed down and decided "to Hell with them." People buying tickets today, I mean.

2. Today I played Texas Hold 'Em. On the infernet. For no money.

3. I am willfully listening to Wilco. On headphones. In my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home