Friday, September 05, 2003

Mea Culpa

You may have noticed that bloooggging has been pretty light lately. Well, I sincerely apologize...no, wait, get back here, let me explain. Why you always gotta be this way? Listen to me!

August was a very busy month for me. I spent the first two weeks touring Iraq with an USO Show, featuring yours truly, Jenna Jameson, and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Oh for god's sake, I didn't even touch her! Didn't we watch her "E! True Hollywood Story" together? She's a married woman! Plus, have you seen the guys in those movies? I mean, honey, you know me: half donkey, hung like a honky. You're just being crazy now. All she wanted to talk about was how Dave Fridmann got that drum sound on The Soft Bulletin .

As you probably have figured out already, the trip was pretty difficult for me. My contempt for both the military and non-whites made the whole thing pretty dicey, I must admit. However, I bit my tongue, staged dramatic readings of Christopher Hitchens' neo-conservative writings, and discussed the American delusion of meritocracy with Triumph. It was also a great opportunity for me to hone my condescension skills. It was great!

After my journey into W's personal sewer, I flew to Hollywood to meet with Mel Gibson, to discuss my script for CopDonkey: The Childrens Series. He immediately offered me a chair, a cigar, a poke at his wife, and this bit of wisdom: "The Jews killed Jesus you know. My daddy said so."

"Uh, I thought he were going to talk about my script..."

"Well, I just thought you'd want to know."

"But, wasn't Jesus dying the point? Can I blame Catholics for the Holo-" I didn't have a chance to say "Jesus was a Jew" before he could kick me out and blacklist me. Needless to say, I'm still shopping the series.

Anyhoo, that's a little of what I've been up to. How about you? How's your body? More insight to come!

(Note: If you misspell "anti-Semitic" in Google you get right-wing defenses of the film. You spell it correctly, you get reasoned analysis. I report, you decide.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home